Upcoming Events & Recent Announcements for Faculty
Faculty Opportunities & Information
Below you will find information shared in weekly emails from the Dean of Faculty
1. (Junior) Faculty Mentorship Program (2023-24): (full time faculty) We invite applications for mentees and volunteers to mentor. The program supports pre-CCE Lecturers, untenured Assistant Professors, and tenured Associate Professors seeking mentorship on a range of topics.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2023
Mentor electronic volunteer link: https://forms.gle/ohEGhX3fk34xsF8s7
All tenured/CCE faculty interested in being a mentor.
2. Grant Writing Support – Dr. Preeti Chauhan (Psychology), OAR Grant Writing Fellow, will hold weekly office hours on Mondays, starting Sept 11, 3-4 p.m. to assist faculty with grant questions (except 12/4).
Zoom link HERE (Meeting ID: 823 7748 2244; Passcode: 857058). Or to schedule an appointment, email Dr. Chauhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Faculty/Staff Student Engagement Fund supports faculty efforts to interact with students outside of the classroom (e.g., lunch with a group of students; a catered event for students, perhaps with an outside speaker). For more information and to apply, see: https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/fsse-application (for reimbursement, the application must precede the activity).
4. Library Author Series: Meet with John Jay faculty authors as they discuss their books. Hear about their research process, ask questions and be inspired for your own research journeys. All events are during Community Hour (1:40-3pm) in the Library Classroom (2nd floor of library). Space is limited! To register, visit the URL for the individual event below. Questions? Contact Kathleen Collins email@example.com
- October 26: Shonna Trinch and Edward Snajdr (Anthropology), authors of What the Signs Say: Language, Gentrification, and Place-Making in Brooklyn ~ RSVP: tinyurl.com/whatsignssay
- November 9: Mark McBeth (English), author of Queer Literacies: Discourses & Discontents ~ RSVP: tinyurl.com/queerliteracies23
- November 14: Ben Lapidus (Art & Music), author of New York and the International Sound of Latin Music, 1940-1990 ~ RSVP: tinyurl.com/lapidus23
- December 5: Evan Mandery (Criminal Justice), author of Poison Ivy: How Elite Colleges Divide Us ~ RSVP: tinyurl.com/Mandery23
|Fri, Sept 1 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Successful Teaching @ JJ||1st Friday||TLC - 335 HH|
|Weds, Sept 13 @ 1:40-2:55pm||Resilience and Learning Minds Workshop||Gina Rae Foster||Zoom link (no registration necessary): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88670212068|
|Fri, Sept 22 @ 9am-3pm||Faculty Writing Boot Camp #1||Write in community, lunch provided. RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sept 20||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Oct 6 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Caring vs Caretaking Workshop||Gina Rae Foster||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Oct 13 @ 9am-1pm||Distinguished Teaching Prize Colloquium||Hosted by Dr. Gina Rae Foster & the TLC||TLC - 335 HH|
|Weds, Oct 18 @ 1:30-3:30pm||Immigration Town Hall||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Nov 3 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Staying in the Lines: Policies & Faculty Responsibilities||Kinya Chandler, Gabriela Leal||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Nov 17 @ 9am-3pm||Faculty Writing Boot Camp #2||Write in community, lunch provided. RSVP (email@example.com) by Nov 15||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Dec 1 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Enacting our 7 Principles in the Classroom||TLC - 335 HH|
|Mon, Dec 4 @ 1:40-2:55pm||Workshop: Tenure & Promotion to Associate Professor||Kyeanna Bailey, Angela Crossman||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Feb 2 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Resources for Scholarship & Creative Activity||OAR, library, Gina Rae Foster||TLC - 335 HH|
|Thurs, Feb 15 @ 1:40-2:55pm||Workshop: Promotion to Full Professor||Kyeanna Bailey, Angela Crossman||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Feb 23 @ 9am-3pm||Faculty Writing Boot Camp #3||Write in community; lunch provided. RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Feb 21||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Mar 1 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Thinking About Service Strategically: Karen Kaplowitz, Angela Crossman||Karen Kaplowitz, Angela Crossman||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Mar 22 @ 9am-3pm||Faculty Writing Boot Camp #4 (RSVP to email@example.com by Mar 20)||Write in community, lunch provided. RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Mar 20||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, Apr 5 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Faculty Panel: Wisdome & Reflections from New-ish Faculty Colleagues||TLC - 335 HH|
|Fri, May 3 @ 12-1:30pm||1st Friday: Form C and the Personnel Process: Kyeanna Bailey, Angela Crossman||Kyeanna Bailey, Angela Crossman||TLC - 335 HH|