Tuition & Financial Aid
A John Jay degree = valuable & affordable
Investing in you
Your financial resources should not be a barrier to earning a degree. We invest in your success. Check out our proven student-success initiatives.
Tuition & fees
Our tuition and fees vary depending on whether you're an undergraduate, graduate, continuing student, new or non-degree student & whether or not you are a resident of New York State. Please visit our tuition and fees page.
There are many ways to help pay for college.
- Federal and state grants: Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Loans: Loans need to be repaid with interest.
- Scholarships: Scholarships are usually based on academic merit & financial need & do not need to be repaid.
- Federal work-study: Part-time employment contracted through the Financial Aid Office.
- Excelsior Scholarship: Find FAQ here or here. Apply here.
- Financial aid for undocumented students: The DREAM Act allows qualifying undocumented students to apply for state financial aid and scholarships, including the Tuition Assistance Program and the Excelsior Scholarship. For information on federal financial aid for undocumented students, please click here.
File your forms early and accurately. To get started, fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online as possible after October 1 annually.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or visit Jay Express.
Undergraduate Financial Aid
Contact and Services
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Financial Aid Office Hours
You can also visit Jay Express.