This page outlines the availability of minor health services for John Jay College students, to promote their well-being and academic success. It applies to all students who require minor health services while in-person on campus.
For immediate emergency medical assistance, please visit the nearest emergency room or dial 9-1-1.
- Minor health services provided, which may include but not be limited to:
- First aid and basic wound care
- Over-the-counter medication administration
- Health counseling and education
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Management of common illnesses (e.g., colds, flu, allergies, headaches, rapid strep test, influenza screenings))
- Contraception and sexual health services (pregnancy test, sit screening, UTI screening)
- Health screenings for sports participation(sports physical)
- Flu (when available) $25
- Blood sugar test: $5
- Pregnancy test (Urine): $7
- Pregnancy test (Blood): $20 (Outside lab)
- Antibiotics: $10/10-day supply
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Blood Titer: $20
- Herpes testing* $100 (Outside lab)
- Syphilis blood test*$5 (Outside lab)
- Plan B (emergency contraception) $25
- Gonorrhea, Chlamydia & Trichomoniasis Test * $30 (While supplies last)
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Panel* $150 (Outside lab)
*All Prices are subject to change (services are provided by contracted laboratory)
*All major insurance accepted
- Outside Lab Fees may be covered by your insurance or are billed directly to you.
- Emergency funding waivers may apply.
- Visits are scheduled by appointment only; however, walk-ins may be accommodated as time allows.
- To avoid the issue of no-shows, appointments must be made in person and a $5 refundable deposit is required.
- You will only lose your deposit if you do not show up for your appointment and do not call ahead of time to cancel or reschedule.
- Dispensing of medication and lab services are done on the availability of the nurse practitioner and are currently offered on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
Onsite Services: Tuesday and Wednesday 10 am -4 pm *non-emergency care, needs to be scheduled.
Online Services: Monday, Thursday, and Friday 10 am-4 pm; *All online services need to be scheduled.
To request an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner, please call (212-237-8052) and complete the New Patient Intake Form. Click here:
You can email the nurse practitioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is imperative to note that John Jay Health Services is not intended as a substitute for your primary care provider.