Student Travel FAQs

What is the Student Travel Program?
The Student Travel Program provides funding to students for travel opportunities to enhance their professional and academic development. In addition, students can request funds for a John Jay College and/or City University of New York Study Abroad Program. The maximum contribution for an individual application is $1,500. The maximum contribution for a group application (4 or more students) is $5,000.

What is the Student Travel Committee (STC)?
The Student Travel Committee (STC) is comprised of students, faculty, and staff who review student applications. The STC members can approve the full-proposed amount, partial amount, or deny the entire application request of all applicants. The committee jurisdiction of approval only includes transportation, lodging, and registration fees. Per Diem for food is not compensated.

Other questions?