Faculty Travel Guidelines

John Jay College supports the professional development of faculty via conferences and workshops and encourages faculty members to present at these events. At the discretion of department chairs, travel funds may also be used for travel related to research.  

All faculty members must apply for approval from their Department Chairs before travel.

These webpages contain guidelines, policies, and procedures for reimbursing faculty travel in the US and abroad. This includes support materials travelers must submit, travel reimbursement vouchers, and links to forms and checklists.

Department Chairs have the discretion to fund some or all of your trip. The approved amount will be noted on the signed TAF emailed to you.

Procedures for Pre and Post-Travels

Know Before You Go

Review the travel restrictions and reimbursement policies below before purchasing tickets. If you have any questions regarding the policies and procedures, please contact the OAR Travel Coordinator (travel@jjay.cuny.edu).

Before Your Trip

At least three weeks 
before your trip...

  • Traveler must complete Section I of the  Travel Approval Form (TAF)
  • Submit the completed TAF to your Department Chair or travel designee for your Chair's signature. (Check with your Dept. Chair to determine who gets the forms.)
  • Email the completed and signed TAF to the OAR Travel Coordinator

After Your Trip

Within four weeks of returning from your trip...

  • Scan and submit a completed, signed RF e-Travel Reimbursement Voucher (This form must be typed; handwritten forms will NOT be accepted) along with appropriate support documents to your Department Chair or the Department travel designee.
  • Your Department Chair or the Department travel designee will forward these materials to OAR.  Please see the Reimbursement Process At a Glance.

Contact the OAR Travel Coordinator at travel@jjay.cuny.edu with any questions.