NYPD Executive Master's Program
The Criminal Justice Executive Masters Program is a 30-credit program for active NYPD captain rankings and above. Students acquire an advanced understanding of research and practice in all aspects of the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Students selected for the Executive Program will have their tuition and textbook costs paid in full
- Receive a laptop for the duration of their enrollment in the master's program
- Earn a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice in two years
The program is a cohort-based program designed to be completed in two years. Students will be required to attend classes on Tuesday evenings and every other Saturday.
Click here to learn more about the curriculum.
A cohort of 20 students are selected by the NYPD every fall semester using the following criteria:
A) Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher ("B")
B) Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution or an international equivalent
Students selected by the NYPD will be directed to submit the following at a later time:
- An online application
- Official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended
- A personal statement
- 2-3 academic or professional letters of recommendations
Students interested in learning more about the program may contact the NYPD Leadership Director, Christel Lytwyn, at email@example.com for additional information.