McNair Program Requirements
A Two-Year Program
- Fall Semester: Scholars attend labs on graduate school and research.
- Spring Semester: Scholars participate in a three-credit spring semester research seminar.
- Summer Term: Scholars participate in an intensive eight-week summer research experience.
During the entire duration of the McNair program, a scholar should:
- Schedule meetings to actively engage in research with a faculty mentor
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above and advance towards your degree at John Jay College
- Attend McNair activities
- Schedule regular meetings with the McNair Associate Director to discuss any concerns you may have
- Take a GRE prep course and exam as scheduled
- Apply to graduate schools and apply for financial aid early in the senior year