¡Adelante! Latinx Leadership Program
The ¡Adelante! Latinx Leadership Program is a two-year academic community to support your success as a student and future professional at John Jay College. Thought-provoking courses and professional opportunities will introduce you to key issues of the Latinx experience and give you the skills to become confident and sought-after graduate. What’s more, you will be surrounded by a supporting network of professors, staff, and fellow students so you will always have someone to turn to for guidance. As an ¡Adelante! student, you’ll graduate in four years with a degree you can leverage for yourself, your family, and your community!
- A staff mentor to ensure you stay motivated to accomplish your academic and professional goals
- A Jay Express/Financial Aid advisor to help with the confusing financial aid application, explore scholarships, and find tuition payment options
- A peer success coach to provide the inside scoop as an upper-level student who’s been there, done that
- A close-knit community plenty of friends to hang out with
- Family/loved one events because we know your success is their success
- 100-level First Year Seminar + 200-level Sophomore Signature Course: Take your requirements as a cohort and understand injustices that impact the Latinx community
- Summer or winter courses: Pay no out-of-pocket tuition costs to get ahead in your academic plans
- Spanish Translation and Interpretation Certificate: Use your bilingual skills to gain an edge in the job market (if applicable)
Professional & Leadership Preparation
- Paid internships: Develop your professional skills while earning up to $1,500
- Expand your networks: Connect with leaders at local and national Latinx-serving organizations
- Certification programs: Get access to Google and other certifications to flex that resume!
- Exclusive scholarships and funded engagement activities: to keep you motivated as you accomplish your goal
- Emergency funds for a little help when “life happens”