We have a limited number of laptops to loan to students in need on a first-come-first-served basis. We will create a wait list to secure more resources. The SEEK Department has technology availability as well. Please contact us for more information.
Contact DoIT's Helpdesk at email@example.com
Students can access free Wi-Fi through Link NYC. https://www.link.nyc/
ZOOM Video Conferencing
Faculty, Staff, and Students can sign up for Zoom with their John Jay email address and password. Simply visit https://jjay-cuny.zoom.us and click "sign-in".
Microsoft Office 365
Basic Skills Resources ( Be familiar with)
- Access CUNYfirst.
- Access Degreeworks.
- Use the "what if" feature to consider different majors/minors.
- Check your "student service center" for holds from John Jay College.
- Contact any department holds on your account for instructions on how to clear them.
- Access your John Jay email.
- Access the John Jay academic calendar for important deadlines.
- Become familiar with each component of your degree requirements (general education, major and elective).
- Check your John Jay email for information about mandatory group advisement.
- Become familiar with which degree component (major, gen.ed or elective) each of your current classes meets.
- How to Access Blackboard
- How to Get the Blackboard App
- How to Access Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Student Tutorial (Video)
- How to Reset Your CUNY Login Password
- How to Update Your Email Address in Blackboard
- Resources for Online Learning
- Department of Online Education & Support
The Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Department
524 West 59th Street
432 Haaren Hall, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10019