We are pleased to share with you the most recent announcement from University’s Office of Human Resources (OHRM) regarding the upcoming filing periods for an open-competitive exam for Campus Peace Officer title. There will be online exam throughout calendar year 2020.
If you are interested and/or plan to take this exam, please visit the examination site at: https://cuny.cpshr.us or www.cuny.edu. Please refer to the following linked examination notice for a detailed description of eligibility requirements and overall application process: https://www.cuny.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/media-assets/Campus-Peace-Office-Exam-2060-NOE-1.29.20.pdf
Campus Security Assistant
We are pleased to share with you the most recent announcement from the City University of New York (CUNY) regarding an open-competitive exam for the Full-Time Campus Security Assistant title. This exam has been designated as “Continuous Recruitment” and there will be no end of filing date for this exam.
The application website is https://cuny.cpshr.us or www.cuny.edu. At www.cuny.edu click on “Employment”, then “Classified Civil Service” then “Upcoming Civil Service Exams”, and then “Campus Security Assistant #2059” for the exam notice, or click on the EXAMS XPRESS link at the top of the page. This exam is an education and experience test which requires all applicants to complete the entire application online or on paper. The Filing fee for this exam is $40.00. Online applications are strongly recommended; do not return your application to any CUNY college.
Should you need further clarification, please directly contact the University’s Office of Human Resources (OHRM) at 646-664-3311 or email to OHRM email@example.com. Any other inquiries should be directed to AskHR@jjay.cuny.edu
Part-time Campus Security Assistant (CSA) positions are also available with the Public Safety Department. If interested, please visit the Public Safety Office, L2.61, for an application or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualification Requirements for Part-time CSA
1. English Proficiency: Candidates must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language well enough to meet the minimally acceptable performance standards set for job tasks.
2. United States Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
3. High School Diploma or GED.
4. Valid New York State Security Guard License.
5. Candidates must meet physical, medical, and psychological requirements as defined in University Examination Standards. Candidates must pass a screen for drug usage. They may be required to demonstrate physical readiness for performing job tasks.
6. Candidates must also undergo a background check, including fingerprint screening.
Preferred Qualifications for Part-time CSA
1. Must be currently enrolled at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
2. Must be able to work four (4) days per week for a total of thirty-two (32) hours a week.
3. Must have a valid New York State identification, permit or driver’s license.
4. Must accept designation as “essential” personnel for the College, which entails being part of a skeletal staff that is expected to report to work on all scheduled shifts during emergencies and on those days when all college operations are suspended, in accordance with PPO NO 9/89. Furthermore, candidate may be mandated to work additional shifts pursuant to the exigencies of the department.