Admissions into the SEEK program is part of the CUNY admissions process. Applicants must complete the Special Program SEEK and College Discovery section of the CUNY freshman admissions application at http://www.cuny.edu/apply.
To be considered for the SEEK program, applicants must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application
- Be a NYS resident (parent(s) of dependent students must also be residents)
- Document household size and family income from all sources in 2022
Some of the benefits SEEK students receive from financial aid:
- SEEK students are eligible to receive a maximum of ten (10) semesters of TAP (two extra semesters)
- SEEK students may receive a grant to pay their CUNY fees. (Currently $145.00/semester)*
- SEEK students may receive a grant for books and supplies. (Currently $500.00/semester)*
Admission to the Percy Ellis SEEK Sutton Program is conditional until the following requirements have been met:
- Provided required documents that prove your economic eligibility for SEEK;
- Students must attend the Mandatory SEEK information session;
- Successfully completed the Mandatory SEEK Summer Academy
SEEK Economic Eligibility Guidelines for 2023-2024 Academic Year
The table below lists financial eligibility requirements for SEEK admission during the 2023–2024 academic year. To be considered economically disadvantaged, a student must belong to a household that is defined in this table.
|# in Household, including Applicant||Total Maximum Household Income|
*For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $8,288.
*For the 2021-22 incoming class, the 2020 income poverty guidelines are to be used with the 2019 tax information (prior-prior) when selecting eligible students.