A Hispanic & Minority Serving Institution
- Nearly 40% of our student population is Hispanic and more than 20% identify as Black.
- 50% of our students are the first in their families to go to college.
- We're ranked among the top five multicultural and inclusive colleges in NYC.
- We're #10 for diversity in the Northeast.
- Education Trust ranked us #3 nationwide for the graduation rates of Black students.
- We're in the top 10 nationally in social mobility of students.
We invest in programs that improve graduation rates and ensure our students thrive in college, impact their communities and lead in their careers, including:
- The Urban Male Initiative, which supports African American and Latino males, who are underrepresented in higher education
- AppleCorps, which provides a stipend, internships, service learning and professional networking for four years
- CUNY Service Corps, through which students work on projects that improve NYC civically, economically and environmentally
- The Honors Program, which provides hands-on research opportunities, faculty mentorship and career/graduate school prep
- SEEK, which provides four years of support for students who are both academically and financially disadvantaged
- Adelante!, which introduces students to key Latinx issues and offers leadership development, career prep and financial support
- The Pre-Law Institute, which shares opportunities like judicial externships, law school prep, LSAT prep and pre-law boot camps
- Ronald H. Brown Law School Prep, which provides faculty mentoring and graduate school preparation for lower-income and first generation students
- PRISM, which prepares math and science students for success in STEM fields through hands-on research, faculty mentorship and career prep